Move your classroom and school into global collaboration, global literacy, and effective use of technology to teach. Join global projects, participate in teacher professional development and read the book.
Flat Classroom® Book Club with TakingITGlobal
- Buy the book or ebook at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Pearson.
Other things you can do:
- Apply to the Flat Classroom certified teacher course if you want to get into the pedagogy or receive college credit for the course.
- Let us know if you are a college professor or professional developer who wants to use this book.
- Contact us to schedule an interview on your website, podcast, or blog.
- Look at book resources.
- Flat Classroom is a registered trademark of Vicki A Davis and Julie Lindsay.
|“Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds” is a terrific guide, by two real pioneering teachers, on how the networked world can be used for cooperative learning that can enrich education and empower students — anywhere and everywhere.”
- Thomas L. Friedman, author, “The World Is Flat.”
“Insightful, innovative, and practical, this book is a must read for any educator interested in preparing competent global citizens.”
- Yong Zhao, Ph. D, Presidential Chair and Associate Dean, College of Education, University of Oregon
“In a hyperconnected world, it’s imperative that students gain deep, rich understandings of other peoples and places. This book demonstrates in concrete detail how every classroom can be a global classroom.”
- Dr. Scott McLeod, University of Kentucky and Founding Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education (CASTLE)
- Dr. John Edwards, Data Analyzers Director of Technology and outreach program